Saturday, August 6

Homemade liquid hand soap..the results!! (and revised recipe)

I had attempted to make my own liquid hand soap recently (you can read about it here), and wanted to post an update on how that turned out for me.  After letting the mixture sit overnight, it seemed to have turned into a gelatinous glob.....
kinda runny liquid soap
As you can see pictured on the left, I could barely squeeze the soap out! So I decided to add 4 more cups of water. I shook that up and let it sit for the day. Today I checked my soap, and it's not globby any more! However, after putting the soap into my hand pumps and trying it out, now I think it's a bit too runny!  Maybe I jumped the gun a little bit... and should have added the water cup by cup! Next time I'll try 7 cups of water total!  So my revised recipe for liquid hand soap will be :                                          

1 C grated Ivory bar soap
1 T olive oil
1 1/2 tsp honey
7 C water

My slightly runny, almost like loose snot(sorry..just what it reminds me of!) liquid soap smells good (just like Ivory soap..imagine that! LOL), and does a fine job of cleaning hands! I will definitely do this again! Maybe I'll try a different recipe, tho. Yay for cheap homemade liquid hand soap!!! (My finished product using the 8 cups of water yielded 2 quarts of soap)

How about you? Do you have a recipe for liquid hand soap?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...