I wanted to throw a quick explanation on how I write up my recipes.. looking back through them, I began to wonder if everyone abbreviates measurements the same way I do. To hopefully end any confusion, here's what the abbreviations stand for:
C = cup
T = tablespoon
tsp = teaspoon
pwd= powder
bak pwd = baking powder
pwd sugar = powdered sugar
qt = quart
pt = pint
oz = ounce
lb = pound
dry milk = instant non-fat dry milk powder
A side note- I try to post recipes that are cost effective, healthy(ok, not always..lol) and tasty... Most of my recipes could stand more seasonings and extras to give them the wow factor...but my goal is frugal, not gourmet! Almost always, I don't follow my recipes exactly as written.. sometimes I add more of this, less of that, or add in something, use substitutions and use ball park measurements. Just depends on what I've got in stock.
That's what I love about cooking.. easy to experiment to match your personal tastes!
No comments:
Post a Comment