* homemaking * scratch cooking * recipe sharing * frugal living * DIY * occasional venting! * Let's learn together!*
Wednesday, August 17
Reusing water from the dehumidifier..
We have a dehumidifier that we purchased after moving into our "new" house... It's been a good investment with this hot, humid summer we're having. However, I hate dumping the collected water down the drain; seems so wasteful! Now, I know this water is considered grey water, so you shouldn't use it for drinking/cooking etc.. but I've found some ideas to recycle this water. Here's what I've been doing so far:
1. watering plants and grass
2. using as mop water
3. washing windows
4. using to hand wash cleaning rags (though I rinse with tap)
5. using to wash chalk off the driveway
6. pouring into toilet tank after flushing (cannot remember every time tho!)
7. using to wash the vehicles
I need to get a rain barrel or something along those lines to store the water in, because in this weather I'm still collecting way more grey water than I can re-use...
Do you have any other suggestions for using dehumidifier water?
Labels:
saving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow these are some great idea. Thanks. Amazing post.
Post a Comment