Friday, August 5

How being frugal makes you "green" while saving you some Green($$)!!


I'm not really that Eco-friendly a person. Not that I don't want to be, but the reality for me is if I can get a  purchase for  something I know I can use for free, like cleaning supplies, soaps, etc... I'm hard pressed not to go ahead and get it and use it. Shame on me, I know :(.

But being frugal certainly can help  you be more "green".  Think about it:

1. If you're making your own cleaning supplies using natural products like vinegar, baking soda, lemon juice, tea tree oil, etc. Not only do you save a ton of $$, You are saving the environment of toxic chemical run off in the water supply (not to mention your home environment).

2. When you're frugal, you re-use/recycle/re-purpose many items around your house to fit your needs. $$ saver, plus not filling up the landfill.

3. You make more from scratch, and buy more items in bulk.. besides the $$ saved, you're cutting down on packaging waste and  feeding your family less preservative/chemical laden foods.

4. As a frugal person, you already tend to waste not! Using every little bit of something up, and not just tossing it out helps our world!

Did you realize just how earth friendly you are just by being frugal??? I'm sure there's many more connections between frugality and green living... do you have a frugal tip that's green to share?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like this post! Minimalism is amazing

Anonymous said...

thanks Justina. I couldn't agree more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...