Tuesday, August 2

Coffee and a recipe for Homemade Vanilla Coffee Creamer










OH HOW I LOVE COFFEE!
Anyone who knows me knows that coffee pumps through my veins! It's a huge addiction of mine.. seems I can never refuse a cup! Even in the heat of the summer, I'll catch myself mindlessly setting up the coffee maker to brew a fresh pot almost every evening. I tend to like my coffee the same way I like my life; fairly simple with a little extra something! One way I do that is I always put a dash or two of fresh cinnamon in with my coffee grounds.. I don't know, it gives my cup of Joe just a little hint of extra yumminess! I also LOVE vanilla flavored coffee creamer.. seems the perfect combination with my cinnamon coffee. However, the price of flavored creamers of any kind is outrageous, not to mention have you looked at the ingredients list? I have... kinda scary to me. So here's a recipe to make your own vanilla creamer..

1 Can sweetened condensed milk (or 1 recipe worth, found here)
1 1/2 C milk (If you wanna use powdered milk, use 1/2 C powdered milk and 1 1/2 C water)
1 T vanilla extract

Just mix this all together and keep in the fridge. Good for a week or two..unless you make it using fresh milk, then go by the expiration date on your carton of milk. If you use store bought canned milk and regular milk you may only save a few pennies. I prefer to make this with the powdered milk and the recipe for sweet con. milk so it's way cheaper than store bought creamer. This makes a little over 3 cups, and only costs me about $0.91 to make! (using the powdered milk & homemade sweet con. milk) That breaks down to $.035/oz.. the store brand creamer I was buying costs $2.38/32oz.. that's $.074/oz

Do you have a favorite coffee creamer recipe? How do you like your coffee? Comment below!

P.S.  In case for some strange reason I would never understand- (hahaha) You don't care for coffee, or want to know another use for this recipe -  pour into your blender with ice cubes and voila! Kinda like a lighter version of a vanilla milk shake! Not as creamy and rich, but still very tasty.. great in a pinch on hot summer days!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...