Sunday, September 18

Sweet treat- Peanut butter Chocolate bars

I love peanut butter.

 I love chocolate.

Combine the two and I am one happy camper!

Here's a super simple recipe that is soooo not healthy for you- but is soooo good! Reminds me of Reese's peanut butter cups.. OK, not as fantastic as those, but probably not as bad for you as those candies....but a nice substitute and certainly cheaper! Next time you get a craving for pb and chocolate, try this out!

PB & Chocolate bars

2 1/2 C graham cracker crumbs
1 C creamy peanut butter
1 C butter, melted
2 C pwd sugar
2 C semisweet choc chips

Combine the crumbs, sugar, peanut butter and butter in a bowl. Mix well and then press into a 9x13 pan.









Melt the chocolate; pour and spread over the peanut butter mix. Chill for about 5-10 mins, then cut into squares.
Let the chocolate set before serving (about an hour, depending on the temp of your kitchen). If it's not crazy hot in your kitchen, you can leave it out, covered. Otherwise, you may want to refrigerate (but then the chocolate gets really hard :( ).



I cut it into 32 bars.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks yum!
I too love chocolate a lot

Would definitely try out this recipe
Thank you :)

Amelia Elliott said...

Thanks for the great recipe, it sounds delicious! As soon as it's not super hot out, I'm gonna give it a try:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...