Usually I plan a weekly menu to take the guess work out of my daily preparations. However, I had a crazy busy week, so my menu planning didn't happen.... I had to wing it! I was craving a cheeseburger, but I really didn't want to bother taking the time to make up patties, so I opted to try a "Hamburger Helper" type of skillet meal.
I browned my meat with some chopped onion; drained it, then added some American process cheese, ketchup and mustard. Stirred and cooked until the cheese was melted, then added in some cooked pasta... turned out pretty good and the kids loved it!
I didn't really measure anything, so the measurements below are approximate..
If you want to try it, totally experiment with your quantities!
1 lb ground beef
1-1 1/2 C cubed American processed cheese
1/2 C ketchup
1/8 C mustard
1/4 C chopped onion
1 C dried pasta, cooked then drained
Ok, my pic makes this look like dog food, LOL- but it was good. Like a super cheesy cheeseburger sans the bun. I wish I'd had some bacon to cook and crumble into this...mmm..bacon cheeseburger!


No comments:
Post a Comment