Yeah, yeah.. powdered milk.. not the MOST appealing to drink, I know.. but it's not THAT terrible in a pinch! (I gotta make sure it's nice and cold, adding a tsp of vanilla helps it taste better too!) Powdered milk for me is usually less expensive than its liquid counterpart.. though not by a huge margin. In my area I can get a 4 lb box of powdered milk for $11.98. The non sale price of a gallon of milk at the moment is $2.98. Now a 4 lb box has approx. 80 servings which equals to about $0.149 /serving. A gallon has 16 servings and is about $0.186/serving. I realize that's only a savings of $0.037/serving... not even 4 cents!! But, every penny adds up.. it's a savings of $2.96/80 servings.. and if you figure a whole years worth of milk usage at a gallon a week... that's $30.78 saved!(We use more than a gallon of week in this house though!) If you don't like drinking powdered milk or just prefer the "real" thing... use powdered milk for your recipes.. that's what I do. I use the powdered milk for making flavored drinks (like iced coffee), in place of milk in recipes and to make some of my "convenience staples"- as I like to call them. Homemade sweetened condensed milk and homemade vanilla coffee creamer are two recipes I make often with it.
Do you already use powdered milk? What recipes do you use it in? Please share!
1 comment:
Also, using comment Moderation, means people can send you private messages, EX: including their email, etc, without everyone seeing it. Much better than Word Verification, doll.
Post a Comment