Wednesday, July 27

Homemade lemonade

Here's the recipe I use for making lemonade. Remember, recipes are to taste, you may want to experiment to find your perfect combination. I love to suck on a raw, cold lemon.. {pucker up, baby!}But this recipe isn't too terribly strong... my kids love it!

1 1/2 C sugar
8 C water
1 1/4- 1 1/2 C lemon juice (about 8-9 lemons)- if you want to use bottled lemon juice from concentrate, you may want to use just 1 C of that..

I make a simple syrup with the sugar and 1 cup of the water. "What's simple syrup?" that just means heating the sugar and liquid (water in this case) to a quick boil to dissolve the sugar. You can do that on the stove top or in the microwave if you prefer.  Or don't do it at all! But I hate when the sugar settles into the bottom of the pitcher of tea or lemonade, so I make the simple syrup so it will all mix together wonderfully. Anyways.. I cool the simple syrup a little, then put the syrup, lemon juice and remaining 7 cups of water into a 2 quart pitcher, give it a stir then refrigerate it. OK, usually I go ahead and pour some in a glass with ice and start sipping away!!  Do you have a favorite recipe for homemade lemonade to share?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...